Graduate School Conference Travel Grant
Nature of the Grant: Students are encouraged to present their research at major regional, national, and international conferences. The Graduate School Conference Travel Grant will provide travel support for graduate students presenting their research at major conferences and meetings. After completing at least one academic year at Vanderbilt, students may apply for one travel grant (for up to $500) per academic year for domestic or international travel. Students are allowed a total of three travel grants during their tenure at Vanderbilt.
To apply the student must :
- Have completed one full academic year in the Graduate School.
- Be the first and sole presenter of research conducted at Vanderbilt.
- Be attending a major regional, national, or international conference.
- Have travel authorization from their department prior to travel.
- Begin their travel in the year the grant is awarded (grants are awarded per budget year July 1-June 30).
- Use the award for the conference listed in this application.
Students are allowed one travel grant per year, and a total of three travel grants during their Graduate School tenure.
Complete all parts of the InfoReady application, attach a copy of your abstract with your name printed on it, and upload documentation from the conference organizers confirms your abstract has been selected. Applications must be completed at least four weeks before you travel. Grants are limited to $500. Additionally:
- Airfare must be booked in World Travel/Concur.
- International travel must be registered: https://wp0.vanderbilt.edu/ global/global-safety/