Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Submission of scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required* as part of the application to the Graduate School. Some departments also require, or strongly recommend, a GRE Subject Test of the GRE score. Please contact your program of interest to confirm.
- You may self-report your GRE scores on your application. If you are admitted, official scores must be submitted before registration.
- The Vanderbilt Institution Code is 1871. A department code is not necessary.
- Visit http://www.ets.org/gre for information concerning the GRE and how to send your scores to Vanderbilt.
- Each program sets its own test score requirements. Inquiries about test score requirements should be directed to your program of interest.
*GRE scores are NOT REQUIRED for applications to the following programs:
- MS in Biomedical Sciences Program
- Programs within the Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Biomedical and Biological Sciences (IGP):
- Master of Liberal Arts and Science Program (MLAS)