The job is for 3 years + options to extend. Starting Date: 2017 or early 2018.
• TEAM: Working in a team with members having advanced computational skills and running innovative (very) high-density recording set ups
• TECHNIQUES: State-of-the-art facilities at Vanderbilt University in a laboratory Dr. Womelsdorf newly establishes.
• CONCEPTS: A rigid network approach to understand attention and learning phenomena with recordings of spiking activity in prefrontal cortex, hippocampus and the basal ganglia,
• SIGNIFICANCE: The research allows causal testing of mechanistic circuit hypotheses using various forms of neuromodulation (pharmacology, diff. stimulation techniques).
The job requires these skills:
• Experience with NHP’s
• Progamming skills
• Understanding of behavioral and electrophysiological analysis approaches in systems neuroscience.
Please send an email with a brief outline of your major research interests and a CV to:
Vanderbilt University is a vibrant private Research University with rich opportunities for interactions across Departments and Research Centers, located within Nashville, TN, ‘music city ‘ and people very convincingly convey it is one of the most exciting cities in the US !