Skip to main content
Vanderbilt Background Photo

Questions about returning to campus?
Visit the Return to Campus Postdoc FAQ page for answers.

From navigating campus spaces, to symptom monitoring, and compliance, the Return to Campus site has the most current, comprehensive information about the status of the university. Postdocs who may have been exposed to or who have any symptoms should call the Vanderbilt Occupational Health Clinic and notify their supervisor/department chair that they are reviewing their health status.

Office of Postdoctoral Affairs

Welcome! Whether you are a current postdoc, a faculty member who works with postdocs, or a prospective appointee, we're glad you are here.

Vanderbilt hosts a large cadre of postdocs who are integral to the research and scholarly mission of our university and medical center. We provide exceptional postdoctoral opportunities with rich mentoring experiences and resources. Faculty, students, and staff work closely together to examine challenging questions across a wide range of disciplines. As a result, postdocs at Vanderbilt have the opportunity to further enhance their skills and prepare for future careers while working with leading scholars in the biological and physical sciences, engineering, the humanities, law and business, and the social sciences.

Learn more about the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs here.

Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. Persons with disabilities who have requests for reasonable accommodations should contact the Office of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services.

 

Academic Pathways Call for Applications

Applications for the next cohort will be accepted October 1 through November 1, 2019.  For more on the program, eligibility criteria, and how to apply, visit the Academic Pathways page.

Call for AP applications

 

Vanderbilt Postdocs: an overview

38% of postdocs are with VUMC and the remaining 62% are VU

 

 

Postdoc Profiles

Postdoc Tom FollandTom Folland is a postdoctoral researcher in the Caldwell Lab in the School of Engineering at Vanderbilt. “Tom is truly an exceptional researcher,”  said Josh Caldwell, Tom's primary mentor. Read more...