Admission and Application Requirements
Applicant to the different tracks will have diverse backgrounds but evidence of scholarly ability, achievement, and motivation will be the main criteria for acceptance. Applicants should have completed a baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
Applicants will apply directly to our program though our internal application system.
The following information will be required:
- Current resume/CV
- Official transcripts from all previous college work. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the registrar of every college you have attended to Vanderbilt
- Personal Statement. Please tell us in your personal statement what motivates you to pursue the MS program in Biomedical Sciences. Tell us which of our three tracks best suit you and what experiences have led you to apply to Vanderbilt
- Two letters of recommendation. Two letters of recommendation are required and should be submitted through our online application system
- GRE and MCAT scores. Not required, but please submit if you have taken the exam(s)
- TOEFL scores (if applicable). If you are not a U.S. Citizen, official TOEFL scores must be forwarded to Vanderbilt
- Application fee. No application fee is required.
Fall Semester: May 1, 2021. The Master’s Program in Biomedical Sciences requires 30 credit hours, normally over 2 years. New students will typically enter each Fall semester.
Students in the Master’s Program in Biomedical Sciences are eligible for federal financial aid. Please contact the Vanderbilt Office of Financial Aid for assistance.
No Vanderbilt housing is available for students in the Master’s Program in Biomedical Sciences
If you have questions about the program or have completed your application and have questions about your application status, contact the program directly.
If you are currently applying and have a technical question related to the online application system, please contact the help desk.