Skip to main content
Vanderbilt Background Photo

Tax Information

Unsure of what taxes you should be paying or what education credits pertain to you? While Vanderbilt University is unable to provide tax advice, here are some resources that may guide you in your tax preparations.

Payroll is pay for work performed, whereas a stipend is service-free payments to students. Typically, Vanderbilt withholds taxes on payroll and will send you a W-2 statement. If you did not receive your W-2, please log onto Oracle. Taxes are not withheld from stipends.