Lacy-Fischer Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the 2023 Recipients of the Lacy-Fischer Grant
- "Connecting to Care: Co-Creation of a Resource-Mapping Tool for Patients At-Risk of Or Experiencing Homelessness Within the Emergency Department"
Sophia Druffner (PI), Community Research & Action; and Alyssa Altheimer, Medicine
- "Audiovisual Plasticity in Cochlear Implant Users: An fNIRS-EEG Study"
Ansley Kunnath (PI), Neuroscience, Medical Scientist Training Program; and Katelyn Berg, Audiology, Hearing and Speech Sciences
- "Delineating Stigma and Denialism: Assessing the Effects of Biased Valuation of Body Weight in Patient Care"
Jennifer Lowell (PI), Philosophy; and Matthew Nettles; Medicine & Theological Studies
- "Cultural Perspectives on Domestic Violence and Justice in Central America"
Marta Eugenia Zavaleta (PI), Anthropology and Gender Studies; and Lorely Chavez, Public Health, Latin American Studies
- "Investigating Development of New Graduate STEM Education Programs"
Jonathan Martin (PI), Biomedical Engineering; and Whitney Frierson, Sociology
"Detecting siRNA Delivery to Brain with Imaging Mass Spectrometry"
Alexander Sorets (PI), Biomedical Engineering; and Cody Marshall, Chemical and Physical Biology
- "An Exploratory Study on the Experiences of Neurodiverse Students in a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)"
Jessica Stasik (PI), Astrophysics; and Jiaxin Jessie Wang, Special Education
- "Improving Preventive Care for Sexual and Gender Minority Adults"
Nathaniel Tran (PI); Health Policy and Services Research; and Tara McKay, Ph.D., Medicine, Health, and Society
- "A Sweet Treat: Biochemical Investigations of Human Milk Oligosaccharides as Adjuvants in the Antimicrobial Arms Race"
Julie Talbert (PI), Chemistry; Sabrina Spicer, Chemistry; and Rebecca Moore, Ph.D., Infectious Diseases
- "Quantifying Arousal from Novel, Theory-Led Neuroimaging"
Xuan Wen (PI), Neuroscience; Alexander Maier, Ph.D., Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Psychology; and Catherine Chang, Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering