Here are some resources available to Graduate School students from across the university.
These options are available through the use of your student ID card:
- Free public transportation to and from campus
- A Flex Meal plan can be purchased by graduate students for on-campus dining facilities
- Commodore Cash can be used at a number of different businesses around campus
- Check out movies, umbrellas, or iPads from the Library
AlertVU rapidly sends messages to the delivery points the user has chosen—cell phone (voice or text), land line, or Vanderbilt email account—in the event of an emergency that poses an imminent threat or danger to the Vanderbilt community.
SafeVU is a mobile app from Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD) that allows for you to directly contact VUPD in case of an emergency, anonymously report suspicious activity, request a campus escort, and more.
In addition to setting you up on the secure wireless network, activating your VUnet ID, and providing IT support, Vanderbilt University Information Technology (VUIT) offers:
- Student discounts on software, cell phone plans, and computers
- Technology support
- Free cloud storage through Box for VU
Vanderbilt does not currently provide on-campus housing for graduate students, but does offer the Off-campus Referral Service to find properties to rent or find a roommate.
All vehicles operated on campus must be registered with Vanderbilt University Parking Services. Registration for eligible 2017-2018 students began July 31, 2017. Students now have an option for monthly payments for registration, but will need to visit the Parking Services office at 2800 Vanderbilt Place in person to arrange this service. Visit the VUPS website, call at 615-322-2554, or review this memorandum from VUPS to Graduate Students eligible for parking permits, for more information.