Student Organizations & Centers
The Graduate Student Council is a representative body consisting of one representative from each graduate department of the University. They coordinate academic, social, and other activities significant to the graduate community and strive to promote community amongst graduate students. They also work to ascertain and represent graduate student opinions and concerns, facilitating communication between graduate students, administration, and faculty.
Here are some other groups and organizations with active Vanderbilt Graduate students.
- The Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Margaret Cuninggim Women's Center
- The Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Intersex Life
- Organization of Black Graduate and Professional Students (OBGAPS)
- Peabody Queering and Embracing Diversity (Q.Ed.)
- Vanderbilt Healthcare Improvement Group (VHIG)
- The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health Student Advisory Council (VIGH)
- Vanderbilt University Chinese Student and Scholar Association (VUCSSA)
- Women In Science and Engineering (VU-WiSE)