Graduate Life Coach
The Graduate Life Coach assists Graduate School students and postdoctoral scholars in their academic and professional development during their time at Vanderbilt. This position was created to support students and postdocs through individual coaching and group programming around effective time and stress management, resilience, conflict resolution, navigating academic relationships, and juggling work/life responsibilities.
Consider contacting the Graduate Life Coach, if you need:
- Someone to listen to your concerns and have a discussion about your concern
- Assistance working through an issue with a colleague, advisor or supervisor
- Knowledge of and assistance accessing resources available to graduate students and postdocs on campus
- Clarification concerning a university, departmental or program policy
- To explore the formal options available for addressing your concern
- To learn methods and strategies to resolve or deescalate conflict
The Graduate Life Coach will have programming and appointments available on both the university and medical center sides of campus to best serve all Graduate School students and postdocs. Keep an eye out for more programming and information!
To schedule an appointment with the Graduate Life Coach:
If you are a VU graduate student or postdoc and would like to make an appointment with the Graduate Life Coach, please first review the Confidentiality & Consent form, then make an appointment utilizing the online calendaring tool.
If you are scheduling a follow up appointment and have already completed the Confidentiality & Consent form, please go ahead and scheduling utilizing the online calendaring tool.
If you would like to contact Stacey Satchell, Graduate Life Coach, or have ideas for supporting graduate student and postdoc needs at Vanderbilt, please contact her via email .
Follow on Twitter @VUGradLife