Graduate Life Coach
The Graduate Life Coach assists Graduate School students and postdoctoral scholars in their academic and professional development during their time at Vanderbilt. This position was created to support students through individual coaching and group programming around effective time and stress management, resilience, conflict resolution, navigating academic relationships, and juggling work/life responsibilities.
The Graduate Life Coach provides a starting point for students who have questions about resources and processes available to them on campus to support their academic, physical and psychological well-being, in addition to serving as an advocate for graduate student needs within the university’s organizational structures. The Graduate Life Coach works closely with the leadership of the Graduate Student Council (GSC), including the Student Life Liaison.
Consider contacting the Graduate Life Coach, if you need:
- Someone to listen to your concerns and have a discussion about your concern
- Assistance working through an issue with a colleague or advisor
- Knowledge of and assistance accessing resources available to graduate students on campus
- Clarification concerning a university, departmental or program policy
- To explore the formal options available for addressing your concern
- To learn methods and strategies to resolve or deescalate conflict
- To informally discuss a situation where you may have been treated unfairly, harassed, or discriminated against
If you would like to schedule a meeting with Stacey Satchell, Graduate Life Coach, or have ideas for supporting graduate student and postdoc needs at Vanderbilt, please contact her via email.
If you are a VU Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Scholar and would like to make an appointment with the Graduate Life Coach, please first review the Confidentiality & Consent form, then make an appointment utilizing the online calendaring tool.
If you are scheduling a follow up appointment and have already completed the Confidentiality & Consent form, please go ahead and scheduling utilizing the online calendaring tool.
Stacey will have office hours, programming and appointments available on both the university and medical center sides of campus to best serve all Graduate School students and postdocs. Keep an eye out for more programming and information!
Follow on Twitter @VUGradLife